My name is Alexander and I am a cinematographer from Bulgaria. So far I have shot 4 feature films, 7 prime time TV series and 3 feature length documentaries, as well as over 200 commercials and several short films and music videos.
My cinematography work has taken me to USA, Finland, Belarus, UK, Turkey, France, Italy, Austria, Poland and Germany.
I have shot commercials for brands like: Das Erste – Germany, Velcom – Belarus, U.S. Embassy in Bulgaria, LIDL, Trader212 – UK, Telenor, Raiffeisen bank, Kuka Robotics – Germany, Sofia International Film Festival, Tuborg, V-tac, PostBank, DSK Bank, Mtel, Marina London, United Bulgarian Bank, WWF, SOS Kinderdorf, EVN, Mr. Bricolage, Bayer, Ariana Beer, Kamenitza Beer, Gillette, National Lottery and many others.
I have conducted several cinematography workshops in the Kemi-Tornio University of Applied Sciences in Finland.
I tend to be a bit of a “all over the place” person and use still photography as a meditation method. I simply feel the need to create images. I am a member of the B.U.L.B Photo Collective.
Touched with Fire – USA, 2015
- Directed by Paul Dalio,
- executive produced by Spike Lee
- produced by Kristina Nikolova, Jeremy Alter, Jason Sokoloff,
- starring Katie Holmes and Luke Kirby
The Magic Life of V – Finland, Bulgaria, 2019
- Directed by Tonislav Hristov
- Produced by Kaarle Aho (Making Movies Oy)
- World Cinema Documentary Competition at Sundance Film Festival 2019
- Berlinale Generation Competition 2019
- Winner Best Documentary Film – Sofia International Film Festival 2019
Faith, Love and Whiskey – Bulgaria, USA – 2012
- Directed by Kristina Nikolova
- Kodak Vision Award for Best Cinematography at Slamdance 2012
- Bulgarian Film Academy Award for Best Cinematography 2013
- Grand Jury Prize – Dallas International Film Festival
- Best Debut Feature – South East European Film Fest Los Angeles
- Best Debut Feature – National Bulgarian Awards “Golden Rose”
- Best Emerging Filmmaker – 21st St.Louis International Film Festival
- Best European Film Prize – 29th Festival International du Film d’Amour de Mons
Father’s Day – TV Mini Series
- Directed by Pavel G. Vesnakov