Cinematographer. Member of Bulgarian Association of Cinematographers, The Syndicate 7 and B.U.L.B. Photo Collective
My last feature documentary has been selected for the competitions of Camerimage 2019, Sundance 2019 and Berlinale 2019.
So far I have shot 4 feature films, episodes of 8 prime time TV series and 3 feature length documentaries, as well as over 200 commercials, several short films and more than 20 music videos.
Some people I have worked with, that you may know: Katie Holmes, Spike Lee, Luke Kirby, Yungblud, Charley Stadler , Tonislav Hristov, Kaarle Aho, Kristina Nikolova, Paul Dalio, Jon Avnet, Martin Iliev, Pavel Vesnakov, Matthias Zenter, Los Perez, Pau Castejon, Alex Gargot, Dimitar Kotzev – Shosho, Neda Morfova, Drago Sholev, Ivan Moskov, Kristian Kostov, Ruth Koleva, Joan Galo, Viktor Chouchkov, Petko Spasov, Angel Apostolski, Petar Valchanov, Kristina Grozeva, Andrew Sandler, Kamen Kalev, Julian Atanassov, Nenad Boroevich, Georgi Andreev
My cinematography work has taken me to USA, Finland, Belarus, UK, Turkey, Greece, France, Italy, Austria, Poland and Germany.
I have shot commercials for brands like: Das Erste – Germany, Velcom – Belarus, Vodafone – Ireland, U.S. Embassy in Bulgaria, Cosmote -Greece, LIDL, Trader212 – UK, Telenor, Raiffeisen bank, Kuka Robotics – Germany, Sofia International Film Festival, Tuborg, V-tac, PostBank, DSK Bank, Mtel, Marina London, United Bulgarian Bank, WWF, SOS Kinderdorf, EVN, Mr. Bricolage, Bayer, Ariana Beer, Kamenitza Beer, Gillette, National Lottery and many others.
I have conducted several cinematography workshops in the Kemi-Tornio University of Applied Sciences in Finland.
I tend to be a bit of a “all over the place” person and use still photography as a meditation method. I simply feel the need to create images.
Awards and Nominations:
The Magic Life of V – Finland, Bulgaria, 2019
- Directed by Tonislav Hristov
- Produced by Kaarle Aho (Making Movies Oy)
- Camerimage 2019 – Documentary Competition
- World Cinema Documentary Competition at Sundance Film Festival 2019
- Berlinale Generation Competition 2019
- Winner Best Documentary Film – Sofia International Film Festival 2019
Faith, Love and Whiskey – Bulgaria, USA – 2012
- Directed by Kristina Nikolova
- Kodak Vision Award for Best Cinematography at Slamdance 2012
- Bulgarian Film Academy Award for Best Cinematography 2013
- Grand Jury Prize – Dallas International Film Festival
- Best Debut Feature – South East European Film Fest Los Angeles
- Best Debut Feature – National Bulgarian Awards “Golden Rose”
- Best Emerging Filmmaker – 21st St.Louis International Film Festival
- Best European Film Prize – 29th Festival International du Film d’Amour de Mons